What Should a Seller Look for in a Listing Agent?
When it comes time to sell your State College home there are a lot of items that you should look for when selecting an agent to list your home. More than likely this is the most expensive and valuable asset you own so great care must be taken when selecting a listing agent. Here are couple tips:
- Select a Full-Time agent. Don't you want an agent that's sole job is to get your home sold? Would you rather have someone that has a day job and isn't thinking of your house at all during regular business hours? It's also much easier for professional, full-time agents to deal with other full time agents that don't have to call on their lunch break.
- Select an Agent that understands marketing. Too many agents do the Three P's. Put a sign in the yard, Put it in the MLS, and Pray. The market has chanegd and homes need to be actively marketed. Those 3 things need to be done but it also has to be highlighted on the internet, marketed through direct mail, and also through agent networking.
- Select an Agent with Experience. Do you want to be a new agent's guinea pig with your most valuable asset? Make sure the agent you select has actually sold a house or two in the past. Make them produce statistics of homes sold and how long they've been in the business. Don't just select that "friend" that just got their real estate license.
Why should you select the Marc McMaster Team to sell your home?
1. We're full-time real estate agents. This is what we do. All Day. Every Day.
2. Our marketing plan has over 150 steps to it. Most agents have 2. Sign in the yard and listing in the MLS.
3. Over 15 years of real estate experience. 1000's of properties closed. Years of industry experience at the Local, State, and National level.
You should interview a couple of agents and make sure whoever you select is a good fit to get the job done!